|Donate the easy way - surf over to eyegive and they'll donate money to the World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame every time you visit their site! When you raise $5 for the WSHHOF through eyegive, send us a printout of your stats page and you can join the Dale Murphy Induction Society for FREE!|
1. To lobby for Dale Murphy's induction into baseball's Hall of Fame. It has come to our attention that Baseball Writers do not always use their important Hall of Fame votes to vote for the most deserving ballplayer. Beside Murphy, eligibles on the 1999 Hall of Fame ballot will include Nolan Ryan, George Brett, Robin Yount and Carlton Fisk. Dale no doubt should be inducted soon after the turn of the century. The World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame (see below) has access to the individuals who will determine Mr. Murphy's fate in this matter. This society's goal is to educate those misguided souls as to why Dale Murphy is deserving of induction.
2. To offer it's members benefits. With Dale serving as Mission President for 3 years in Boston, he does not have much spare time to sign autographs. There are no guarantees, but we'll do our best to get you an autograph. Other benefits will be afforded to members, including the newsletter described below.
3. To benefit the World Sports Humanitarian Hall of Fame, a non-profit charitable organization Dale and The Hunnicutts (co-founders of the Induction Society) are active in. All proceeds from annual membership dues will be donated to this charity.
1. As mentioned earlier, unless you bump into Dale in Boston, this is your best chance of getting a Dale Murphy autograph. We are distributing Murphy autographs to members (limit one per membership; available upon request) on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are no guarantees of WHEN you'll get your autograph (Dale is a slow-poke right now as he has his hands full). If you want one, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
2. With your membership, you will receive a free annual subscription to "Murphy Matters", the quarterly e-zine of The Dale Murphy Induction Society which will keep you up-to-date on the latest Dale news.
3. See your name on the web on our roster page! WOO-HOO! :-)
1. Annual dues are only $5.00 (this charitable donation is tax-deductible, tax exempt number available) per member.
2. Save $1 by sending any 5 Dale Murphy cards with your dues. They will be used for autographs for members of the society and the rest will be donated to brighten a needy child's day through charities Dale is active in (such as the Children's Miracle Network and Operation Smile).
3. We are encouraging members to send a picture of themselves and/or a letter explaining why they believe Murphy is deserving of induction and details of any impact he has had on their lives with their dues. This part is OPTIONAL. The more pictures and letters we have, the more materials we will have distribute to baseball writers. If you have had your picture taken with Dale, please send it--otherwise you may wish to have your picture taken alongside a favorite Murphy collectible of yours.
Send a check or money order (payable to the World Sports Humanitarian Hall Of Fame) for $5 OR $4 and any 5 Dale Murphy cards to:
Remember to include your name, address, e-mail address, and a photo of yourself (optional). If you do not wish to receive the e-mail newsletter "Murphy Matters", simply let us know. Thank you!
|Maggie Hunnicutt (President)||Matthew Crowder (Vice President)||Fred Hunnicutt (Treasurer)|
|Why is he worthy anyway?|
is owned by
[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous |
| Next | Skip Next | Next 5 Sites |
| Random Site | List Sites |
| Join the Atlanta Braves Players Web Ring! ]
is owned by Maggie Hunnicutt.
| Previous | Previous 2 | Random |
| Next | Next 5 | Skip |